Wednesday, September 4, 2013

iphone google maps tips

Just figured this out yesterday. I love using the driving directions function on the Google Maps app...it's really well-designed. But sometimes it just takes too long to find a location on the map using the virtual keyboard and limited search capabilities. (Limited in comparison to the online application, that is.)

Yesterday, I found a location using the online Google Maps application and sent myself a link to the map. (There's a link labeled "Link to this page" that you can use to paste the link into an email or IM, or whatever.)

Example:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...3&iwloc=A&om=1

When I used the iPhone to click on the link in the email, it opened the link in Google Maps. I imagine this will also come in handy if I ever have a bunch of locations to bookmark on my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment